23/10/2015 by Lee
A 30 Day Writing Challenge
I launched Lee Writes Stuff because I wanted an outlet for writing, most of my other “stuff” online is dedicated to illustration and yet I really started my career as a blogger back in the day. I read recently that blogging is back again, that teens have rediscovered online journaling and of course I’m as cool as any teenager…
Whatever, I want to write my blog again.
I think though that I’m out of practice, I’m used to 140 characters or a daily drawing and I’m struggling to find the creative juices to write an ongoing blog, especially in the face of a pretty small audience who no longer comment. Blogging shouldn’t be about fame and fortune, if that’s your goals then you’re probably in for a somewhat rude interruption to your calm. I’m not under this impression… completely 😉 .
When attempting to improve or refine my own illustration style I chose to do a 100 days of drawing challenge, that challenge turned into the Star Trek 365 challenge and I think since that time I’ve published at least one illustration everyday since. It worked with the drawing so I figure it’ll work for the writing. Here is my 30 Day Writing Challenge to kick start your personal blogging. I’ve merged several lists found online, particularly on Tumblr where I’ll be syndicating on my newly rebadged Tumblr stream (incorporating the drawing AND the writing).
The 30 Day Writing Challenge
- List ten things that make you happy.
- List ten things you would tell your 16 year old self.
- Write something that someone told you about yourself that you’ve never forgotten.
- Write about someone who inspires you.
- List three of your favourite books.
- Share something you struggle with.
- What are you excited about?
- What are some words of wisdom that speak to you?
- Five ways to win your heart.
- What popular notion do you think the world has wrong and why?
- Put your music on shuffle, what are the first five tracks?
- Bullet point your whole day.
- Something that you miss.
- Write about your spiritual belief or lack of.
- Who are your three celebrity crushes?
- Post five films that you never tire of watching.
- How have you changed in the last five years?
- Post about your star sign (zodiac) and do you feel it represents you?
- Who is your favourite artist, discuss one of their artworks?
- Make an effort today to read about something new, what did you learn?
- What scares you?
- Write about your first kiss.
- Think of a random word, search for the word in Google images, write about the 11th image.
- Three places that you’d love to visit.
- Name somewhere you’ve never actually visited that you’d like to live.
- What is your favourite unsolved mystery?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What was the last film you saw in the cinema?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What are five things you are grateful in your life for?